Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Mardental WhyteIT Teeth Whitening Pen: Amazon Product Review

Seller description on Amazon:
Everybody deserves to have a bright smile, and now we’re bringing you the smart and budget-friendly solution: WhyteIT!

With this professional whitening pen you can have great results in whitening your smile in a matter of two weeks. The box contains just one pen, intended for home use, enough for a 30-day supply.
We use a very effective and GENTLE formula, carefully crafted in the EU in order to make you look happier than ever.
We do NOT use hydrogen peroxide or any ingredients that tend to worsen teeth condition or your health in general.
We have developed this 4.5” pen with a slim and handy design so that it’s very comfortable to hold and contain in any bag or purse.
In order to apply the gel, you simply brush and dry your teeth with a tissue. Then twist the back cap of the pen and apply minimal amounts of the gel on the teeth’s surfaces while smiling wide.
You can rest your lips 30 seconds after application and avoid consuming food of drink for at least one hour. You should keep this product away from direct sunlight. Use this product no more than twice a day.
Ingredients: Deionized water, 14% Carbamide Proxide, Potassium Sorbate, Carbomer, EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Gluten

BEFORE PHOTO: 01/15/18 MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and REVIEW:

I applied to my top first as it was easier to hold my mouth open with my fingers rather than trying to force and hold a wide smile that long, then applied to bottom. It does foam up slightly and seems like something similar to peroxide is used, but they specifically note no hydrogen peroxide is in the ingredients. Swished it around in my mouth for a good thirty seconds then spit out. I avoided eating or drinking anything for at least an hour after using. Pretty easy to use and fairly comparable to other whitening pens. The retail price at just under $20 for a 30-day supply is comparable as well.

I really would have liked a color guide included, such one of those strips that have a range of yellow to white representing tooth color so I could compare before and after. I used for about two weeks once a day (minimal instructions were provided whether to use once a day, twice a day, although it does suggest to not use MORE than twice a day) before bed most often. My first use was on January 15, 2018 and the "after" photo (the horribly blurry one, which will be replaced soon) was taken on February 05, 2018. It did not cause any white spots or discoloration. The strange marks on my teeth are unfortunate stains from braces and bad dentistry in my teens, but that's another story!

AFTER PHOTO: 02/05/18 Honestly, I have not noticed any real change in my teeth except perhaps a barely noticeable and minimal improvement. I’ve taken before and after pictures and tried to get the same light and angle each time for best comparison.

Summary: I would have liked more instruction such as whether to use once or twice daily, whether to use a thin or thicker layer when applying, etc. It did come in very attractive packaging. Price is comparable to similar products. Results are not promising, yet still to be determined. I received this product at a substantial discount and don't think I would buy it given the chance and knowing it has questionable results.


No comments:

Post a Comment