Friday, March 16, 2018

WITHME Signal Velvet Lip Master Review (Available on Amazon)

WITHME Signal Velvet Lip Master Review
Color: 04 Romantic Signal

I'm not really into make up. I rarely (very rarely) wear more than eye shadow and eyeliner, and that's IF I even wear any at all. I am very much into lip balm, but surely that doesn't count! However, lately my lips have been looking drab and I've been thinking of adding some color. When I saw this promotion for discounted lip color to try, I knew I was interested, but I first wanted to be sure it was vegan-friendly and not tested on animals at any stage of its production, so I asked the question on Amazon and received this response from the seller:

This product is vegan and does not contain animal ingredients.
WITHME (Evas cosmetics) does not perform any kind of animal test at any stage.
Thank you.
By BEAUTY INSIDE SELLER on February 26, 2018

According to the Amazon sale page, here are the "Main Ingredients: Buttyrospermum Parki (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pronus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Intergrifolia Seed Oil, Hyrogenated Coconut Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil."

The product information on Amazon reads:

A highly comfortable, long wear liquid lip lipstick that dries matte with intense color pay-off and transfer-proof properties.
The exclusive liner-like applicator allows for precision outlining and filling in—creating perfectly defined lips every time.
Light weight, Naked Lip feel : Its moisturizing formula has a built-in primer that provides a smooth, even glide.
Matte Velvet Finish: A luxurious, velvety texture with a sophisticated, matte finish.
Long Lasting Formula : Lasts all day with transfer-proof finish and amazing staying power.

It comes in a nice black box and an attractive tube. The lip color goes on pretty easily. It's a liquid and a bit thinner than lip colors I've used before and it thickens as it dries. Most matte lip colors tend to dry the lips. This item claims to have natural moisturizers in it to keep lips feeling hydrated, but mine did feel dry after the lip color dried. I did apply lip balm over mine which helped immensely and didn't affect the color too much. It did, however, make my lips shiny, which pretty much defeats the point of a matte lip color. Personally, I'd rather use my lip balm on top and have shiny lips than to have them feel dry and uncomfortable.

Here are some pictures of me in both a natural light and an indoor lighting:

This specific color, Romantic Signal, is a pretty pink shade, not too much darker than natural lip color. It was perfect for me as this was the color I was aiming for. I wanted something not too drastic but slightly darker than my natural lip color to make them stand out just a little more.

The longevity of the color is pretty good. I applied it at night (then applied lip balm on top after it dried) and still had a decent amount of color on my lips in the morning:

The current price for this lip color on Amazon is $12 and is available with free shipping for Prime members. Most discount drug store lipsticks range from about $6 to $10 and higher end products can be anywhere from $20 to $30 to $40 or even more! I think the price is fair for this product and it's a good value for the money. I'd rate this product 4 stars out of 5 because it's easy to use, a great color (comes in a variety of other shades as well), long lasting, fair price, and vegan-friendly. Because it was a bit more drying than I prefer, I'm not sure I'd buy it again. I will probably try a tinted lip balm in the near future. If you're a lipstick buff, however, you will probably enjoy this brand and want to try it out for yourself, so I would definitely recommend it!

I visited the site listed on the product for more information, but it was not in English and I couldn't figure out how to translate it, so I wasn't able to discover anything further from the site itself. The seller on Amazon was quick to answer any questions I had, as referenced above.


No comments:

Post a Comment